IZA Discussion Paper Series - Submission Guidelines
(1) Who May Submit?
The IZA Discussion Paper Series is open to submissions from IZA fellows, affiliates and staff members only.
(2) What Topics Are Accepted?
The paper must fit into at least one of IZA’s current research program areas.
(3) Can I Still Submit My Paper Elsewhere?
We place no restrictions on submitting your paper simultaneously to other working paper series. However, we do not accept papers that have already been published in a journal or book. Please also be aware that some journals do not accept papers previously published as discussion papers. It is your responsibility to ensure that publication in the IZA DP Series poses no copyright conflicts as you cannot withdraw your paper once it is online.
(4) At What Stage Should I Submit My Paper To The IZA DP Series?
While you are free to submit papers at any stage of the production pipeline, an ideal time might be when you initially submit the paper to a journal, conference volume or other book. At that point the Discussion Paper would still benefit from comments, yet it would not replicate the eventually published version. Please note that we do not update, replace or delete IZA DPs once they have been circulated. We thus suggest that you do not submit your paper at a very preliminary stage.
(5) How Do I Submit?
We require online submission. A submission form is available in the protected area of the IZA website. Fellows and affiliates can log in here (and request a new password if need be).
(6) What Are The Formatting Requirements?
- File format: We accept files in PDF format only. Since we produce our own abstract page, please make sure that the body of your paper starts on a separate page!
- Paper details: Submission must include abstract (900 characters max.!), keywords, JEL classification, and all authors' affiliations.
- Contact details: Please include both e-mail and postal address of the corresponding author. Note that we provide contact details for one author only, which will usually be the submitting author – unless you inform us otherwise.
- Datasets used: Our online submission form also asks which datasets you have used. This information is analyzed by IZA's Research Data Center (IDSC). IZA strongly encourages proper data citation and offers a data repository service for your own data to make them citable.
(7) How Are The Papers Circulated?
Note: The IZA series has an ISSN number (2365-9793), but the papers have no DOI.